Saturday 11 May 2013

Hey there, little fella!

A prompt from The Daily Post (this one's been sitting in my 'Draft' pile for a while) is:

Take a quote from your favourite movie — there’s the title of your post. Now, write!

That's right, one of my two most favourite movies is Finding Nemo. The other one is The Lion King. I've always wondered why the movies I like are all the kiddy ones. Maybe it's because they subtly appeal to a wide demographic so people of all ages can enjoy them, and kids can still enjoy them when they grow up, have intricate plots and amazing characters. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Finding Nemo

The funniest character in Finding Nemo is Dory full stop. Without her, the movie wouldn't have been half as good as it was. Ellen Degeneres was the perfect voice actor, full of humour and life, and it showed. I mean, after the movie came out, kids everywhere were imitating her.

"Hey there, little fella!"
"I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine. He shall be my Squishy."
"BAWETJSTRGRAERHTRSJSTS!"

That last one was supposed to be whale-talk. I don't think it translates well over Blogger.



And OH MY GOD, FINDING DORY IS COMING OUT IN 2015! Words cannot express how excited I am.

The Lion King

I have only one word for this movie: Scar.

He was the coolest villain ever. You know when you watch movies nowadays and you get a ten minute monologue of the villain's evil plans and his sick, twisted background which made him into a sick, twisted person? Yeah, Scar didn't give us any of that shizz. Nope, he sang his song in that wondrous, growling voice 'BE PREPARED FOR THE DEATH OF THE KING, BE PREPARED!' and said, "Long live the king" right before he killed Mufasa.



No character is more badass than that. Plus the whole sly personality made me love and hate him at the time. When Simba was telling (the dearly departed) Mufasa to get up because it was time to go home, my heart broke and feels just came pouring out. All because of Scar. I have a love/hate relationship with him. It's mostly love though, because he's a good villain, if that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment