Tuesday 20 November 2012

Fingers doubly crossed

I became aware of a student-run magazine in my area and decided I should submit a piece. My writing mentor has been urging me for years to get my work out there (without success) and my friends have been hinting (not so subtly) at submitting as well, so I thought: Why not? Might as well give it a shot.

I wrote a short story a few months ago about an encounter I had with a schoolboy on the train and for the past few days, I've been re-working it. I sent it to a few friends for their opinions and criticisms (I type so fast I make typos and rarely catch them) and when I revised and edited as much as I could bear, I sat back and exhaled.

I just worked up the guts to send it to the magazine this morning. Fingers crossed and doubly crossed it'll be published early next year. If it is, it'll be my first published piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment