Tuesday 27 November 2012

Done but not finished


I reached 50,000 words for my NaNoWriMo novel six days ago and I validated it two days ago. I am a NaNoWriMo winner!

I am mentally exhausted. I spent almost an entire month smashing away at the keyboard and pulling out the ends of my hair because I wanted so desperately to reach the goal as soon as possible. And I did it.

Me!

The best part is, I continued writing after that and my novel is now at 68,000 words and it's not even close to being finished. I think it'll reach 80,000 if I flesh out the dialogue, make awkward movements less awkward, tie together dangling threads and fill in the gaping plot holes.

I am so excited! Once I've finished the first draft, done about a dozen revisions (probably closer to fifty, knowing me) and edited the life out of my novel, I'm going to try and find a literary agent. I know it's a big step but I'm determined to take this all the way. My novel has the goods and I want to get it out there, hopefully before my next birthday.

We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment