Thursday 21 February 2013

Trees, flowers and goats

Today's prompt from The Daily Post is:

You’re given a plot of land and have the financial resources to do what you please. What’s the plan?

Wait, someone gave me land and money? Is there a long-lost uncle who left it to me in his will?

If I'm ever that lucky, the first thing that shoots into my head is re-vegetation.


I love walking past trees because their whispering leaves beckon to me every time. They urge me to grab onto a branch and climb to the top where I could imagine, just for a few minutes, that I was a perching bird overlooking a small part of its kingdom.

If there were trees, there would be flowers. Flowers are pristine and one of my favourites is jasmine. They have a beautiful scent, especially in the evenings and they remind me of quiet times when I sat down with a good book and a mug of jasmine tea.


However, I'm a pragmatist. Re-vegetation is good for the wildlife however it would do me no good. I can't live in the trees or off the trees so I'd add a veggie patch full of carrots, peas and potatoes. I love fruit so I'd section off another area for a strawberry patch, a raspberry vine, and an orchard of nectarines and apples.

If I had any land left over, I'd keep a few goats (I don't know why, but I love goats) for milk and cheese and perhaps a chicken or two for their eggs. I would also have two dogs, not just because I love dogs, but also because the other animals and the land need to be protected and I can think of no better guards than two faithful German Shepherds.

No comments:

Post a Comment